Friday, December 7, 2012

All is Merry & Bright

 
 
 
How have you all been? I don't know about you, but the holidays come and go faster and faster each year. This year is no different. I have been busy subbing and doing homework and "mom things". We all have been on various antibiotics and inhalers and cough medicines. I think we are all healthy now...mostly. November was a blur. It's that time of year when you kind of hold your breath, waiting for the stomach flu strike. We were spared last winter...I hope we are so blessed this year.
 
 
 
 
I haven't done a lick of Christmas crafting. However, I am drooling over Pinterest ideas. Trying to make a mental note, at least, of things that I will try to make or bake over the break. Amazingly, I do not feel stressed out about the holidays. We've simplified our lists a bit this year which will allow for more time to enjoy the quiet moments that present themselves.
 


 
 
I will be able to breath a BIG sigh of relief once December 14th passes and with it the end of my first semester back at school. I registered for 2 more classes today and will take a couple more through K-State in the spring as well. Next fall I will start full-time at K-State with my block classes. Slowly but surely!

I hope you are having a joyous Christmastime and really feeling the warmth of God's love all around you this season!
 
 

7 comments:

GardenofDaisies said...

With work and classes and a family to take care of, it's no wonder that you don't have a spare minute for crafting right now. But it sounds like you have things well under control and know how to prioritize and keep whats truly important at the forefront. We've attended advent services, decorated our home and shopped. I'll save baking til closer to when kids arrive.

Dog Trot Farm said...

My you are busy Jemm. I agree simplifying seems to be the key, holiday stress can take a toll on a person, especially when expectations cannot be reached. Merry Christmas to you and your's. Greetings from Maine, Julie.

Darcie said...

Hope your holidays are extra special! Hope you have time to get to some of your crafting!

Tricia said...

Congratulations on finishing your first semester! You're doing it! I hope that you have a lovely break!!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

You've got a lot to celebrate then. I think it's wonderful that you are back in school Jemm. I need to do that.

Love your pretties.

XO,

Sheila

Leslie said...

Busy girl!! I hope that you get a chance to relax and create something this season. Time is just flying by! Hope that you have a great Christmas!!!!!

Me and My Pink Mixer said...

Just stopping by to say Hi! Hope you and your family had a nice Christmas. Wishing you much happiness in 2013 :) Lynda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin